A. Information provided by Children
Children may view much of the Website’s content without providing personal information (for example, first and last name, e-mail or postal address or telephone number (collectively, “Personal Information”). ZURU may collect a Child’s e-mail address under the following limited one-time use circumstances:
- if your Child sends a request to us, we will keep their e-mail address to respond to them. We will then delete their e-mail address from our system once we have responded to them; or
- if your Child enters a competition, sweepstake or contest, we will ask the Child to give us the Parent’s e-mail address, too, so that we can tell the Parent that the Child has registered for the competition, sweepstake or contest. If we need more than the Child’s e-mail address and first name (or screen name) to enter your Child in the competition, sweepstake or contest, we will notify you, explain what information we need and ask that the Parent provide it. For example, we will ask the Parent for his or her mailing address so that we can send, for your Child, any prizes the Child wins, or for his or her telephone number so that we can tell the Parent when the Child has won. Any information a Parent or the Child gives us in these circumstances will be deleted from our database once the competition, sweepstake or contest is concluded, and after any legally required period for keeping such information has ended.
Other than the one-time use exceptions set out above, if a Child registers to provide more than just the Child's e-mail address in order for the Child to participate in a particular activity, such as receiving e-mail newsletters or samples or tracking collectibles, we will ask the Child for the Parent’s e-mail address so that we can notify the Parent of the Child's request and obtain the Parent’s permission. When we ask for the Parent’s permission, we will tell the Parent what we will do with the information the Parent or Child provides us. We will not keep the Child's e-mail address unless the Parent gives us permission to do so.
B. Information collected through the use of our Website
If a Parent no longer wishes the Child to participate in an activity offered through our Website, such as an e-mail newsletter, simply click on the opt out link that is provided or contact us at [email protected]. Upon proper identification, a Parent may review the Personal Information we have collected about the Child, request deletion, or refuse to allow further collection or use of that information. When we delete Personal Information, it will be deleted from our active databases and deleted after any legally required period for keeping such information has ended.
We may use a Child’s Personal Information or Usage Information:
- to enable a Child to participate in a variety of the Website’s features or enter competitions, sweepstakes or contests;
- to contact the Child and Parent with regard to the Child’s use of the Website and, in our discretion, changes to the Website and/or Website’s policies; or
We may transfer and disclose your Child’s Personal Information, to third parties:
- in the event we are required to respond to subpoenas or other legal process or if in our good faith opinion such disclosure is required by law;
- at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; or
- to protect the personal safety or rights of any individual. We may also use IP address or other device identifiers to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
No data transmission over the Internet, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Website and provide us with your information at your risk.