and exciting? Get to know us a little
unique and exciting? Get to know us
a little better.
The Product Manager champions product excellence and brand alignment driving the overall product and packaging strategy across a portfolio of brands. They oversee product development from ideation to launch, working closely with creative, engineering and factory teams to deliver world class products to market, profitably. They liaise with NPD, Merchandising, Showroom, Business Development and Marketing teams across their categories to ensure product concepts and timelines are communicated and adhered to. The Product Manager demonstrates strong creative ability, attention to detail as they are the final approver of all product and packaging and also excellent project management skills. They are also responsible for how their products are featured and brought to life at fairs, showrooms and sample packages across the globe.
- 3-4yrs in Product Management or Product Design. Candidates will lesser experience will be considered for Junior Product Manager role.
- Must demonstrate strong creative ability to be able to influence and approve the design & development of a broad range of product and packaging.
- Knowledge of branding, product development and packaging principles
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a high attention to product quality and safety.
- Must be a self-starter with energy, creativity and time management skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Related Degree or equivalent relevant experience in Marketing or Product Development preferred.
- Develops global 18-month Brand Architecture and Product Plan including future growth areas – setting line, STD SKU lists, UPC strategy, Customization strategy and owns the product strategy section in all Brand Plans
- Works with NPD throughout product development to set product, packaging and merchandising options delivering on time for SET, shipping and meeting RRP/Cogs goals. Approves all product and packaging at every development stage including a factory visit at MP stage.
- Works with Legal team to brief and finalize Trademark registrations
- Sets all SKUs – standard and customized – and all categorizations for SKUs to ensure product strategy is aligned throughout financial and POS reporting.
- Works with creative team to finalize all packaging and product copy and design across std and customization packs ensuring packaging and materials are clear, contains all relevant details, is brand aligned and drives consumers to purchase.
- Sets internal language strategy for standard packs (1L, 3L etc) and manages all packaging translations.
- Provides product information and updates to Business Development and Marketing Category teams for brand and sales presentations and ensure the wider business is full abreast of all product features and changes.
- Sets in unison with BD the global Brand roll out strategy and any required product and packaging adaptations to win business.
- Responsible for getting all product and packaging imagery finalized, retouched and uploaded to Show Cloud (via Platform Managers) to support Sales.
- Develops showroom concept, approves boards and works with Business Development and Brand Marketing Manager to include all brand 1 pagers/marketing collateral at fairs/showrooms.
- Prepares and signs off best in class showroom and customer samples during the sell in period.
- Provides Product Renewal briefs to Merchandising/Customization team and follows the efficient change over to new series etc minimizing stock exposure/costs
- Consistent issue resolution across brands from a manufacturing, testing or product perspective
- Constantly challenges our product/packaging output to be best in class being fully abreast of trends, competitor designs and marketing insights