and exciting? Get to know us a little
unique and exciting? Get to know us
a little better.
Do you have a love for toys, a desire to bring creative ideas to life and a sharp eye for evaluating what’s effective?
Then join ZURU whilst we are going through substantial growth, and become a valuable member of the Global Marketing team.
As a Marketing Planner, you will work closely with the Senior Marketing Manager, to develop the strategy, implement and evaluate all ZURU’s communications efforts across paid, owned and earned media in our leading international market. You will produce strategic and effective campaigns for ZURU’s portfolio of brands across the girls and boys toy segments that drive brand awareness, engagement with core target audiences and profitable growth through sales conversion.
You will champion your markets within the Global Marketing Team and own every touchpoint families and kids have with our brands in the Germany, UK, France and Benelux.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Marketing Manager to plan annual and seasonal marketing budgets and calendars in collaboration with Sales for ZURU’s leading markets: Germany, UK, France and Benelux.
- Develop integrated communication strategies for each activating brand incorporating PR, Paid Media, Instore and Online working in collaboration with Marketing Manager, Sales, Product Development, Brand Managers and retail partners to create effective and aligned plans.
- Implement, constantly optimize and report on brand communications plans to drive short term sales alongside long term brand growth.
- Develop relationships with local agencies, media partners, sales team and retailer buyers and marketing teams.
- Become fully abreast of local market audience behaviour, industry landscape and retailer planning to ensure strong local execution and to unlock new opportunities.
- Localize all global assets for local needs including press releases, TV commercials, digital assets and instore merchandise etc.
- Produce local Sales support tools to drive growth and sell-in on ZURU’s portfolio of brands including local marketing presentations, brand success stories and media updates.
- Work directly with Brand Managers, Sales and local retailer teams to ensure ZURU’s brands are represented in the best way across all retailer eCommerce sites.
- Monitor competitors in market and understand thresholds to be competitive in Europe.
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of marketing principles and practices, advertising creative development, media buying and planning, social media, budgeting and analysis.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter with a wide degree of creativity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment where change is the status-quo.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media, social media and influencer marketing.
- Ability to build strong relationship across a wide variety of stakeholders and can pre-empt stakeholder and sales needs.
- Must be a self-starter with energy, drive and determination to accomplish goals.
- Have the ability to apply creative yet analytical thinking with a hunger to continuously improve and optimize.
- Must demonstrate leadership ability and influence in motivating and holding partners accountable.
- 1+ years’ experience as Communication executive/ communication planner or Media executive at an agency or client side.
- Knowledge of Germany, UK, France and Benelux media markets and/or toy industry a big advantage.
- Previous experience as a Communication executive for a similar organization would be a strong advantage.
- Related Degree or equivalent relevant experience in Marketing or Communications preferred